- The Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey - Biomedical and Health Sciences
Tobacco Use Information
- Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence (ATTUD)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Quit Smoking Support
- CHOICES-A program targeting smokers with mental illness in NJ.
- Nicotine Anonymous-Contains Nic-A-Literature, also nationwide meeting lists.
Nicotine Dependence Treatment
- ALA-NJ Regional Contact Information
- American Lung Association-Contains NRT Fact Sheet and other resources. Not on Tobacco (NOT) curriculum information (youth stop smoking program) available. Also contains the US Surgeon General's Tobacco Cessation Guidelines, along with a "Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence" fact sheet.
- American Psychiatric Association-"Criteria for Short-Term Treatment of Acute Psychiatric Illness" available on-line. Can search website for information on nicotine dependence in relation to psychiatric disorders.
- Centers for Disease Control-Tobacco Information and Prevention Source (TIPS) Online quit smoking booklets available for adults and teens. Can be printed out.
- Nicotine Dependence Center-Mayo Clinic-Information about the NDC and quit smoking info.
- Professional Assisted Cessation Therapy (PACT)-An independent consortium of leaders in the treatment of tobacco dependence whose mission is to lower barriers to broader utilization of cessation therapy through education and advocacy.
- Surgeon General-"Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence-Clinical Practice Guideline" available online in PDF file. Also contains findings about the latest counseling techniques and drugs for treating tobacco use and dependence.
- Tobacco Dependence Clinic-Rutgers-School of Public Health Tobacco Dependence Clinic. Contains information about services available at the New Brunswick clinic.
- Treatobacco.net-a source of evidence-based data and practical support for the treatment of tobacco dependence. It is aimed at physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, psychologists, researchers, policy makers, regulators and anyone interested in the personal and public health issues connected with tobacco use around the world
Tobacco Control and Advocacy
- Action on Smoking and Health-Current smoking news and information.
- American Nonsmoker's Rights Foundation-Tobacco control and advocacy website.
- Badvertising Country-Anti-tobacco advertisements, spoofs on big tobacco's ads. Can be printed out.
- NCADD New Jersey-The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence promotes the prevention and treatment of, and recovery from, alcoholism and drug addiction through advocacy and education.
- New Jersey GASP-Group Against Smoking Pollution. A not for profit, educational organization that deals with policy and advocacy.
- Strike Back Against Tobacco-American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- Trinkets & Trash-The online surveillance system and archive of tobacco products and tobacco industry marketing materials.
Young People and Tobacco